Thoughts on Barracudas?

Alex Pimperton alex at erus.co.uk
Mon Aug 21 14:53:24 IST 2006

Michael H. Martel wrote:
> --On August 21, 2006 1:51:13 PM +0100 Julian Field
> <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> What is your opinion on the Barracuda appliance?
>
> I don't like it.  I was forced into it by Management.  They were wowed
> by the graphical front end that allowed individual users to manage their
> own white and black lists.  I think that the biggest thing it's got
> going for it is the graphical interface.  Remove that and it's not that
> good.
<snip>

Digressing slightly as I have no experience with a Barracuda, you can
use MailWatch + MailScanner to get the graphical interface your uers crave.

Mailwatch allows user controlled white/blacklist, intelligent
quarantining/reporting plus a shiny front-end to see what's flowing
through your MailScanner box.

If you want support, then Defender MX (which is basically MailScanner,
MailWatch and other bits and bobs) from FSL should do the trick.

Regards,

Alex