153 will not deliever from the Outbound

Andoni Auzmendi andoni.auzmendi at robertwalters.com
Fri Aug 18 15:20:23 IST 2006

Have you tried telneting from you mailscanner into the smtp port on
exchange and try to send a test message. You will be able to see the
actual error message from exchange and might give you some clues why is
rejecting mails.

Is the exchange server configured as non internet facing email server? I
just wonder whether it thinks you mailscanner is doing a DDOS attack.

Andoni