require_rdns.m4 (Was Require RDNS?)

Res res at ausics.net
Fri Aug 18 12:16:33 IST 2006

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, Jeff A. Earickson wrote:

> Gang,
>
> I rolled out require_rdns.m4 this morning and my phone is starting
> to ring.  I have discovered that our network guy created (at least)
> two entire subnets in DHCP but never bothered to create DNS zones
> for them, so I have whole chunks of my campus not able to send email!
> My question for you sendmail mc gurus:  instead of doing

errr why are they not marked as RELAY  the require_rdns.m4 wont prevent
local hosts sending, maybe you need to enable:
FEATURE(`delay_checks', 'friend')dnl

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd