MailScanner load

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Thu Aug 17 21:54:14 IST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Neuman van der Hans" <alex at nkpanama.com>
To: "MailScanner discussion" <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 2:05 PM
Subject: Re: MailScanner load

> Steve Campbell wrote:
>> Decided to make an intelligent statement this time:
>>
>> One thing I did find to lower my load average, though, was MimeDefang in
>> a look-ahead environment.
> Would be interesting to include a small article in the wiki about how to
> do this, since some people might want a free alternative to milter-ahead.

I wanted to use Scott as my test bed for memory testing(my memory, not
CPU...I'm getting too old) . I wasn't sure I gave him all of the proper
stuff to get this done. So if he concurs with my details, and he promises to
change the specifics to generics in the file lists I gave him, I would be
glad to help him get it to the wiki.

It's really great stuff.

Steve