Could Be OT: How many people only accept reverse DNS lookup mail?

Res res at ausics.net
Thu Aug 17 15:36:18 IST 2006

  On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 09:11 -0400, Billy A. Pumphrey wrote:
> Does anyone only accept email that will do a reverse lookup?  Does
> anyone recommend it?

Yes and yes, the spam/virus levels dropped 90% once we used it, I have
used it for over 7 years with no noticable collateral damage, one
complaint every few months, usually its for some Aust Govt dept who has
useless sysadmin at their hosting providor.

tcpserver use -p and sendmail http://support.ausics.net/require_rdns.m4

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd