Wiki is sick...

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 21:27:27 IST 2006

On 16/08/06, Julian Field <mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Randal, Phil wrote:
> > Dörfler Andreas wrote:
> >
> >> dokuwiki is the best
> >>
> >> 1-10. commandment:
> >>
> >> dont have any other wiki beside to it
> >
> > I'm rather fond of PmWiki, myself.  But it's Julian's call, not ours.
>
> Indeed. And I sure ain't gonna switch to a different one. One thing
> wikis desperately need is an easy migration system from one wiki to another.
>
> Anyone want to start the project of writing such a system?

There already exist at least one web-app that do this for some wikis
(DW and mediawiki and some others). The real problems stem from the
different wikis capabilities not matching particularly well, so any
such script can only do a very basic conversion. No, I don't remember
the adress, sorry. Wasn't worth it:-). And there is the wikiconverter
cpan module.... Haven't used that one though:).

--
-- Glenn