OT - Multiple Virus Scanners

Brad Beckenhauer bbecken at aafp.org
Wed Aug 16 14:25:35 IST 2006

>Brad Beckenhauer spake the following on 8/15/2006 1:10 PM:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was just wondering what peoples opinions were on running
multiple
>>> virus
>>> scanners with MailScanner. I'm currently only running ClamAV, and
>>> was
>>> thinking about running one or two more.
>>> Could someone recommend what other scanner/s to use? My main
concern
>>> is
>>> system resources. I would like something that doesn't load up the
>>> server too
>>> much more as ClamAV is quite light on resources from my experience
>>> with it.
>>> - Jon
>>
>> Which of these Anti-virus products can run headless without any X
or
>> GUI installed?
>MailScanner uses the command-line version of anti-virus products, so
all of
>them if they still sell or have a command-line version available.

What I'm finding is that some of the A/V products (Norman for example)
require a GUI if you want to use the exclusion list.  It appears that
Norman also needs the GUI to enter the License key (They mention a
command line way to install the key, but have not offered it up yet).
BTW: Does anyone have the command line option for installing the Norman
license key?  I have a valid/legal key.

thanks

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...