no check for a user

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Aug 15 17:41:42 IST 2006

You can use a ruleset on the "Scan Messages" setting. Rulesets are the
most commonly asked question here, usually several times every day :-)
Check in the wiki or in the book, they are documented all over the place.

However, what I would advise is that you get a policy in place that
forces people to have all their email scanned by MailScanner. What
happens when this guy gets a virus and infects your network? When I
first imposed MailScanner on my department, I had a couple of users who
objected loudly, saying that there was no way they could get a virus.
Within the first couple of months, both of them had come to me to
apologise as MailScanner had saved them more than once!

This is a management job. Don't let people say that they aren't going to
have their email scanned.

However, if you have to do it, here is how:

In MailScanner.conf, put
Scan Messages = %rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules

In /etc/MailScanner/rules/scan.messages.rules put this

To: awkward.sod at domain.com no
FromOrTo: default yes

Then do a
	service MailScanner reload
to make it re-read the configuration, and from then on the user
awkward.sod at domain.com will not have their mail scanned, but everyone
else will.

Javier Martinez wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a problematic user, I have working mailscanner and spamassassin, but my user is complaining all time about his email. Is any posibility to use
> mailscanner for all my users and don't check email for this user??
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Javier

- --
Julian Field