MailScanner is not working

Martin Hepworth martinh at solid-state-logic.com
Tue Aug 15 10:50:30 IST 2006

Anwar Sanusi wrote:
> Martin Hepworth wrote:
>
>> Anwar Sanusi wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> Please help me to fix my problem.
>>> We can not send or receive email because our email just stay at
>>> Incoming Queue Directory "/var/spool/mqueue.in". Please help me how
>>> to solve this problem ?
>>>
>>> Thanks & regards
>>> anwar
>>>
>> Anything in the maillog file to indicate any problems..
>>
>> have you run MailScanner in Debug mode to see if there are any
>> problems showing there?
>>
> i am new commer in Linux and Mail server ? can you advise where i can
> see maillog file ?
> and how to run debug mode ?
> thks for your advise
> Anwar

Hi

Normally it's in /var/log/maillog

for debug mode, stop mailscanner, edit the MailScanner.conf and change
BOTH debug options to 'yes' then run check_mailscanner.

this output can be quite large and you may have to search the output
quite carefully for any problems.

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator