Problems on Solaris x86

Pascal Maes pascal.maes at elec.ucl.ac.be
Fri Aug 11 12:18:18 IST 2006

Hello,

I'm installing MailScanner 4.55.10 into a zone on a Solaris 10 x86
system.
The MTA is postfix and MailScanner is running as the postfix User.

I have the following problems :

    - there are no logging
    - when I run MailScanner in debug mode, it works :

# ../bin/MailScanner
In Debugging mode, not forking...
Ignore errors about failing to find EOCD signature
Stopping now as you are debugging me.

      and the mails which are in the queue are sent.

    - when I start MailScanner not in debug mode, it forks (until the
limit), but nothing happens
      It's the same if I launch MailScanner in foreground :

# ../bin/MailScanner
MailScanner 4.55.10 starting in foreground mode - pid is [4162]
About to fork child #1 of 10...
         Forked OK - new child is [4163]
About to fork child #2 of 10...
         Forked OK - new child is [4164]
About to fork child #10 of 10...
         Forked OK - new child is [4172]

but nothing else.

Of course, without any logging, it's not easy to find the problem

Same problem with MailScanner 4.54-6

Any idea ?

--
Pascal