SORBS found by MTA but not by SA?

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Thu Aug 10 16:44:43 IST 2006

Koopmann, Jan-Peter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this morning I received a mail from 217.72.192.242 which is listed in SORBS. My MTA did detect this (on  dnsbl.sorbs.net) but SA did not. No timeouts in maillog. Any ideas?

What's your trusted_networks set to?

If you don't have one, my guess is that SA is mis-judging where your network
boundaries are. This is VERY common, particularly if your mailserver is behind a
static-NAT or otherwise has a reserved IP address.

By default, SA will guess at trusted_networks, and copy that to
internal_networks. Any host in internal_networks is immune to RBL checks.

See
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/TrustPath