MailScanner Revision to 4.55 and tnef bug?

Rose, Bobby brose at med.wayne.edu
Wed Aug 9 00:18:16 IST 2006

Has anyone else had problems with particular messages that seem to get
processed over and over by Mailscanner?  I noticed some oddities in my
stats and found the process loops in the logs.  I switched to debug and
when it hits one of the message it quits with the error read-open
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/11016/k77EH304024456/ATT00004: No such
file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/MIME/Body.pm line
435.

I thought it might be a tnef issue since the messages I was seeing had
winmail.dats.  I switched from the tnef command to internal and
MailScanner processed the messages without a problem.  I've been using
the tnef command for years without a problem.  I updated from 4.54 last
week.

-=Bobby