Hylafax on a MailScanner pc

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Tue Aug 8 19:33:48 IST 2006

Ken A wrote:

> So, you want MailScanner to fax high scoring spam? :-)
> Hylafax is pretty stable stuff. There shouldn't be any problems as
> long as you set your iptables rules to protect Hylafax's ports from
> the Internet.
I have several hylafax+mailscanner setups. As long as you set up your
rulesets correctly so you don't flag faxes as spam (they're usually a
single image + a few lines of text), you should be OK.

As to the hylafax ports being accessible, I go with Mr. Miyagi in Karate
Kid II: "Remember, best block, no be there." - I usually only open the
ports on localhost and on internal nets.