Tips on how to use ruleset for 'Spam Lists To Be Spam'

dnsadmin 1bigthink.com dnsadmin at 1bigthink.com
Tue Aug 8 15:43:59 IST 2006

Hello All,

T-Mobile's mailservers (tmodns.net) got black listed on numerous BLs.
I have a handful of IMPORTANT mail users on my server sending mail
with T-Mobile's servers right now.

I have:
Spam Lists To Be Spam = 3
in MailScanner.conf and T-Mobile's mail server makes four of my
lists. They are good, long-used and trusted BLs.

Spam List = SBL+XBL SPEWS ORDB-RBL spamcop.net spamhaus.org
spamhaus-XBL SORBS-S
PAM SORBS-ZOMBIE SORBS-HTTP DSBL SORBS-DNSBL SORBS-SMTP SORBS-WEB
SORBS-BLOCK NJ
ABL

I don't want to open the rest of my users to the amount of spam these
BLs help protect from. I would like these T-Mobile users to be able
to send without getting tagged as spam, however.

How can I set up a ruleset like this for individual users or
individual domains?
#Spam Lists To Be Spam = /etc/MailScanner/spam.lists.count

Thanks,
Glenn