missing queue files?

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Tue Aug 8 10:46:56 IST 2006

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Brent Addis wrote:

> Seems to have been fixed by changing the lock type to posix from blank.
>
> Shouldn't this be done automatically? By looking at the documentation on
> this setting, one would assume that by default it means "set automatically".

In early June we had some discussion about this (Subject "lock type").

Indeed the documentation and behaviour contradicted each other, and
(despite the documentation) an explicit "posix" was, indeed, necessary.

Julian: Could you confirm, please, in what releases since then this
mismatch has actually been rectified?  (Getting the documentation and
behaviour to match each other is the primary point; the actual behaviour
is probably relatively secondary.)  Thanks.

:  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :
:                                           Durham University     :
:                                           Durham DH1 3LE        :