MailScanner ANNOUNCE: Revision to 4.55

Jeremy Blonde JeremyBlonde at grant.k12.ca.us
Mon Aug 7 20:18:23 IST 2006

FYI

I'm running Gentoo Linux w/ Postfix and MailScanner 4.55.6.

I just tried installing version 4.55.10 (I've been running 4.55.6).
After installing it via the install.sh script, postfix would generate
the following error: "postfix: Process did not exit cleanly, returned
255 with signal 0".

Postfix worked when it ran without MailScanner.  I verified the
permissions on the directories and everything looked good.  I played
with it a bit but couldn't get it work.

I then linked back to the old version and everything worked again.

P.S. Sorry about my previous post.  I was interrupted and didn't realize
I hadn't update the subject.

Thanks,
Jeremy Blonde
Instructional Technology - Server Support
Grant Joint Union School District