MailScanner & Postfix

Drew Marshall drew at themarshalls.co.uk
Mon Aug 7 10:00:03 IST 2006

On Sun, August 6, 2006 22:15, JDP wrote:
<Snipped>
> Aug  6 13:45:24 postmaster MailScanner[30318]: New Batch: Scanning 1
> messages, 683
> bytes
> Aug  6 13:45:24 postmaster MailScanner[30318]: Virus and Content Scanning:
> Starting
> Aug  6 13:46:55 postmaster update.virus.scanners: Found clamav installed
> Aug  6 13:46:55 postmaster update.virus.scanners: Running autoupdate for
> clamav
> Aug  6 13:46:56 postmaster update.virus.scanners: Found generic installed
> Aug  6 13:46:56 postmaster update.virus.scanners: Running autoupdate for
> generic
> <snip>

Some more log would be useful as the above bit is working fine, as you
said yourself. We are missing the logs for the bit that's broken ;-)

> I think I have the relaying of domains set up correctly, but now i am not
> sure.
>
> Maybe the problem is here <below> "how to invoke the MTA";
>
> <snip>
> # Set whether to use postfix, sendmail, exim or zmailer.
> # If you are using postfix, then see the "SpamAssassin User State Dir"
> # setting near the end of this file
> #MTA = sendmail
> MTA = postfix
>
> # Set how to invoke MTA when sending messages MailScanner has created
> # (e.g. to sender/recipient saying "found a virus in your message")
> # This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
> Sendmail = /usr/sbin/sendmail
>
> # Sendmail2 is provided for Exim users.
> # It is the command used to attempt delivery of outgoing
> cleaned/disinfected
> # messages.
> # This is not usually required for sendmail.
> # This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
> #For Exim users: Sendmail2 = /usr/sbin/exim -C /etc/exim/exim_send.conf
> #For sendmail users: Sendmail2 = /usr/sbin/sendmail
> #Sendmail2 = /usr/sbin/sendmail -C /etc/exim/exim_send.conf
> Sendmail2 = /usr/sbin/sendmail
> <snip>

Don't think so, that all looks fine

At the bottom of MailScanner.conf there is an entry delivery method. Make
sure this is batch for imediate delivery see here
http://www.mailscanner.info/MailScanner.conf.index.html#Delivery%20Method

Otherwise, start MailScanner in debug mode with a batch of messages in the
queue and report any failures.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy