Envelope-To and Bcc

BG Mahesh bgmahesh at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 13:51:24 IST 2006

On 8/5/06, Julian Field <mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> BG Mahesh wrote:
> >
> > # Do you want to add the Envelope-To: header?
> > # This can be useful for tracking spam destinations, but should be
> > # used with care due to possible privacy concerns with the use of
> > # Bcc: headers by users.
> > # This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
> > Add Envelope To Header = no
> >
> > Is there anyway to use the above feature without comprimising on
> > privacy? I see that bcc info is included in the Envelope-To line [as
> > clearly mentioned in the docs].
>
> No. Top marks for understanding the problem though, most people miss the
> point completely :-)
>
> I just use the setting for testing rulesets.
>
> It includes the Bcc as that is just a list of extra recipients who
> happen not to appear in the headers. Otherwise they are perfectly normal
> recipients, just like the To and Cc lists are.
>
> - -

I somehow need sendmail to add another line like X-Rcpt-To which has just
ONE email id and our other email server [mdaemon] that downloads the emails
from a common pop account will use that field to deliver the email.
Currently Mdaemon is getting totally confused on whom to deliver the email
without this line :-(

-- Mahesh

B.G. Mahesh
http://www.greynium.com/