Subject: MS Status not Reporting in Logwatch

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Fri Aug 4 18:55:53 IST 2006

> From: "Daniel Straka" <dstraka at caspercollege.edu>
> Subject: MS Status not Reporting in Logwatch
> To: <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
>
> I recently installed a new MailScanner machine with SUSE Enterprise 10
> and sendmail, I was previously on RedHat 7.3. Logwatch does not
> display
> the MailScanner Status section as it did with Redhat. Also SUSE has
> different
> mail logging (ie, several mail log files mail, mail.info, mail.err,
> mail.warn)
> whereas Redhat had only the file "maillog".
>
> Can anyone guide me with how to get Logwatch to report the MailScanner
> Status section for me on this system?
>
> Thanks,

I don't have SuSE to verify the paths but the general idea is to copy

/usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/logfiles/maillog.conf

/etc/logwatch/conf/logfiles/maillog.conf

And edit

LogFile = maillog
LogFile = syslog

To cover all the logfiles you want to look at. [This is one of the
reasons there is a dist.conf directory also so distribution can set this
stuff up for you. :/]

Any follow ups to this should go to logwatch at logwatch org as this is
not a MailScanner problem - Thanks

-Mike