ClamAV on FreeBSD - ports or Perl module?

TCIS List Acct listacct at tulsaconnect.com
Fri Aug 4 15:50:01 IST 2006

Koopmann, Jan-Peter wrote:
> On Thursday, August 03, 2006 9:29 AM Adri Koppes wrote:
>
>> I have been using p5-Mail-ClamAV 0.30 with the standard perl 5.8.6 on
>> FreeBSD 5.4 without any problems for over 1 year now.
>
> Good to know! I will try to switch to Mail-ClamAV the next days (today just was not possible as was the new port). If that works out as well (which it will) I will remove the warning from p5-Mail-ClamAV. Thanks!

Tried installing Mail-ClamAV from ports, it installed fine (other than the
threaded Perl warning), but when I try to use it:

Aug  4 09:45:15 mx5 MailScanner[42648]: ClamAV Perl module not found, did you
install it?

but yet:

$ ls -al /var/db/pkg/ | grep ClamAV
drwxr-xr-x   2 root  wheel   512 Aug  2 11:38 p5-Mail-ClamAV-0.17

..it is clearly installed..

Mike Bacher / listacct at tulsaconnect.com
TCIS - TulsaConnect Internet Services
http://www.tulsaconnect.com