blocking out-of-office

Rick Chadderdon mailscanner at yeticomputers.com
Thu Aug 3 21:05:24 IST 2006

Koopmann, Jan-Peter wrote:
> On Thursday, August 03, 2006 9:07 PM Rick Chadderdon wrote:
>

>> ...can you give me an idea of what you're thinking?
>>

> I tend to get private and business mail in one mailbox. Therefore I cannot simply forward all my mail to a collegue or give him/her access to it. Maybe there is not even a collegue so things simply have to wait a week but I want to let the client/customer/friend know. Etc.
Thanks for the reply.  I'd handle it differently (and a lot less
conveniently), but I can see now where you're coming from.  It's just
that my hatred of OoO messages is so great that I'll do pretty much
anything to avoid using them (or allowing them to be used.)  A few
months ago, one of my users set up his email client to autoreply with a
nice message, sent a test message to himself from the /same account/ and
left for vacation without bothering to check the results of his test.
Moments later, my mail log started scrolling madly...  (sigh)  Of
course, this is far from the first time that such antics have caused me
pain.

Did I mention that I despise OoO messages?

Rick