blocking out-of-office

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Aug 2 09:00:12 IST 2006

Read the comments above the "Remove These Headers" option.

# If any of these headers are included in a a message, they will be
deleted.
# This is very useful for removing return-receipt requests and any
headers
# which mean special things to your email client application.
# X-Mozilla-Status is bad as it allows spammers to make a message
appear to
# have already been read, which is believed to bypass some naive spam
# filtering systems.
# Receipt requests are bad as they give any attacker confirmation
that an
# account is active and being read. You don't want this sort of
information
# to leak outside your corporation. So you might want to remove
#     Disposition-Notification-To and Return-Receipt-To.
# If you are having problems with duplicate message-id headers when you
# release spam from the quarantine and send it to an Exchange server,
then add
#     Message-Id.
# Each header should end in a ":", but MailScanner will add it if you
forget.
# Headers should be separated by commas or spaces.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Remove These Headers = Return-Receipt-To, Disposition-Notification-
To, X-Mozilla-Status

- --
Julian Field
MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk