DNS question

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Wed Aug 2 06:24:11 IST 2006

I'm running a caching nameserver on my MailScanner machine.  For the
last two days I have been seeing lots of these is /var/log/messages:

Aug  1 22:10:53 tesla named[18013]: dispatch 0x8face08: shutting down
due to TCP receive error: 64.202.165.202#53: connection reset

The times seem to correspond to when MailScanner starts scanning a
batch.  The IP address is always the one shown above or 68.178.211.201.

That said, named is still running and I can dig, etc.  And mail is being
delivered.  I updated DCC, razor, and pyzor servers, so that isn't it.

Thanks for any ideas,
Mark Nienberg