Rejecting Unknown Non-Local Users with MailScanner (4.47.4-2)

Brent Addis brent.addis at pronet.co.nz
Sun Apr 30 22:37:35 IST 2006

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight.ie wrote:
> Bernard.Lheureux at ibsbe.be wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a solution that could allow me to reject unknown
>> non-local users mails that come through a MailRelay (MailScanner
>> 4.47.4-2) but not with posfix, I use Sendmail to relay to an Exchange
>> 2003 server.
>> All the soluces that I found are made for Postfix...
>> I suppose it should also exist for sendmail, do you have an idea where I
>> could find infos about it ?
>>

> Milter ahead

Does sendmail not do some sort of callout verification? Most other MTA's
I have used since dropping Sendmail have supported it for a long time.

Why run Milter if your MTA has most everything milter does built in?

http://grep.be/blog/en/retorts/milter-ahead.php?show_comments=yes

--
Regards,

Brent Addis