Attn. postfix users WAS Multiple Postfix smtp instances

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 11:03:13 IST 2006

On 28/04/06, Dhawal Doshy <dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com> wrote:
> Julian Field wrote:

> >> I agree and here is a point by point check..
> >>
> >> 9) When creating a queue file, Mailscanner MUST adhere to the
> >> convention that the file permissions are set to "executable" only
> >> after the file contents are safely stored. Otherwise mail will be
> >> corrupted or lost.

> > I adhere to this.
> >

> >> 10) Mailscanner should never touch a queue file that has an advisory
> >> lock (flock or fcntl lock, depending on the system environment).
> >> Otherwise mail will be corrupted or lost.

> >> well.
> >
> > I adhere to this.
>
> Thanks Julian, over to Wietse/Viktor now :-)
>
> - dhawal

Once in a while, when this crops up (and lets face it, it's not the
first time Wietse has announced that changes in PF will break MS....
and hasn't:-), I get the distinct feeling this is more of a NIH
fenomenon than anything else.... I'm not really sure Wietse has ever
bothered to check any detailds about how MS really works... Nor that
he really cares.
It's really a shame, since both products are made less by it (in
peoples minds, not in actuality).

--
-- Glenn