Good Spam blocking RBL's + greet_pause

Matt Hampton matt at coders.co.uk
Fri Apr 28 09:43:26 IST 2006

John Rudd wrote:

> On Apr 27, 2006, at 12:00 PM, kte at nexis.be wrote:
>

>> What are the most spam + another crap mail blocking RBL's from the
>> moment?
>> And what is a goog timeout for the greet_pause in sendmail I have now
>> 5000 ?

Mine is set to 5000.  I am just scripting something against the
mailwatch database to reduce the time for "good" mail servers.

> You can safely set the greet_pause up to 15000 without any real
> problems.  I set mine at 30000, but I had to put in exceptions for
> verizon's mail servers and mac.com's mail servers.

I use SpamCop and DSBL.  Because of SC's bounce policy I have both of
these set to temp fail rather than reject.  Any owner of a "good" server
will sort the issue out and I therefore reduce the risk of false
positives - albeit with a delay.

matt