Do some spammers ignore MX ptrs?

BB brent.bolin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 15:16:56 IST 2006

I think some do.  I have a secondary MX record for a domain hosted by my
ISP.  Legitimate traffic really should never be delivered to this server
when the primary waited zero server is up.

Looks to me all mail coming from this secondary is spam.  Think the spammers
hope the backup relay does not filter for spam, which appears to be true.
And then the primary accepts all from the secondary.

I blacklist all mail from this secondary.

Been doing this for three years without any problems.

Your issue might also be related to DNS.