MailScanner and MySQL - SOLVED

Martin Hepworth martinh at solid-state-logic.com
Tue Apr 25 14:26:50 IST 2006

Martin
Another thing I do is put a 20 second wait start the start of the
mailScanner start script. This makes sure mysql is up and running before MS
starts. I've had one reboot where even though mysql should have started
before mailscanner starts, the box was so fast mysql hadn't quite some up
before MS started....this lead to alsorts of fun as there as a stuck MS
process that wouldn't release on the mysql....I had to kill -15 it, after
much confusion about what processed were running etc.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

the system manager.