MailScanner and MySQL

Alex Neuman alex at nkpanama.com
Tue Apr 25 14:08:16 IST 2006

James Gray escribió:
> #update-rc.d -f mailscanner remove
> #update-rc.d mailscanner start 30 2 3 4 5 . stop 15 0 6 .

:)

It used to be you could tell what *ix a person "came from" by looking at
.bash_history (if they even *used* bash), from their ps syntax (ps ax,
ps -aex, ps -ax, etc.), and so forth.

It seems nowadays the distinction is more about debianized vs.
redhatized vs. roll-your-own startup/config files. Once you get used to
doing things a certain way, there's a definite "fish out of water"
feeling when you have to troubleshoot a "different" box.

That's one of the reasons I appreciate the diversity inherent in FOSS,
particularly with MailScanner. Everybody's got their own recipe (mta
choice, SA plugin choice, av choice, distro choice, architecture choice,
etc.) and, with a pinch of this and a dash of that, and a few minutes in
a preheated CPU, we all get excellent results in the end. Whenever you
wind up cooking an exotic meal there's sure to be someone on the list
that's tried a few of the same ingredients you're having trouble with;
and even if there isn't, you usually get enough advice to solve the
problem on your own or to, at least, have the product taste like chicken ;)

Cheers,

Alex