MailScanner Future

Chris Sweeney csweeney at osubucks.org
Thu Apr 20 20:42:14 IST 2006

I know you put a lot of hard work into MailScanner and most of us
appreciate it more then we say.  Without going commercial though perhaps
a good way to get something out of it is to make "suggestions" for its
use.  Rather then turn commercial in which many of us, me included could
not afford to go most likely, perhaps come up with a list of what you
think is a good amount to donate for its use and development.  What I am
trying to say is instead of just asking to buy the book or donate
something put up a page with what you feel would be a fair amount to
donate.  Say if you are a small user with 1-10 users maybe $50/year
11-25 $100/yr and so on.  Might not make you rich but perhaps if you
just laid out some expectations for donations you might get more support
that way without going commercial.  All this talk is making me feel
guilty though as right now I haven't had the extra cash to donate to you
myself :(

Chris

Julian Field wrote:

> I think I might offer then a few hundred quid for their time so far, and
> part company.
>
> >> Thanks, and keep up the good work!
> >>
> Thanks, comments like that are much appreciated :-)

believed to be clean.