MailScanner Future

Peter Russell pete at enitech.com.au
Thu Apr 20 01:49:26 IST 2006

> I meant free as in the normal definition of open source software. IE ..
> "Free as in speech, not free as in beer".

Maybe, but the end result is there is no practical distiction, only an
academic one. (not necessarily with you, but in general).

I know its the whole great big philosophical debate, but in the end
developers end up putting in heaps of effort, we benifit enourmously (in
a commercial environment) and they get no reward. I know Julian doesnt
raise this or complain - but this is one project i would hate the see
the developer say "this is using up sso much of my time, the
satisfaction is diminishing, and i dont make any money...whats the point?"

With so many users of this wonderful product, some small contributions
from commercial users it could add up to something worthwhile?

justathought :)