MailScanner Future

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Apr 19 18:32:28 IST 2006

Rob Poe spake the following on 4/19/2006 7:33 AM:
> I had a quick question regarding MailScanner's future.
>
> I noticed that there is now a company that provides either installation services, and possibly a new product (for $) that installs all kinds of goodies on servers automagically.  What about the core of MailScanner.  Will it remain Open Source, or is the future going to see a "Closing of the Source" and eventually see MailScanner become a commercial product?
>
> I'm not trying to stir anything up .. But it is a legitimate question.  :)

I can't answer for Julian's future intentions, but he has stated in the past
that the core will remain free, and the extra bells and whistles of the
DefenderMX product will justify its purchase and support contracts to those
who require it.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and