Attn. postfix users WAS Multiple Postfix smtp instances

Drew Marshall drew at themarshalls.co.uk
Wed Apr 19 16:33:14 IST 2006

On Wed, April 19, 2006 13:23, Pete Russell wrote:
> Res wrote:
>> only confirms what many ppl think, wietse is bernstein 'the second'
>
> Yeah start learning Exim i think - postfix has an erratic development
> that reflects its author's attitude - personaly i would like to be one
> less postfix user that Julian has to try and support. I would really
> like to be able to split emails for each recipient too.

I have to say I am tempted too but at the risk of starting a holy war, I
like the Postfix security. I am not suggesting Exim isn't secure but I
read somewhere on the Exim site it's own authers thought it was 'pretty
secure' and 'pretty' doesn't fil me with total confidence. Certainly I
struggle to get my head round Sendmail's configs and I got fed up with
patching several years a go :-(

What a choice, keep patching up the old trusty but leaking boat (Who's
builder keeps changing the jointing methods so you can't use the same
repair methods), jump ship to a boat that looks quite nice with a
consistant joint but with a hull that might not be quite as strong or to
the boat that is a classic design but every so often develops a design
fault that needs urgent attention and it's controls don't make steering it
any easier.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy