MailScanner + Postfix = message doubles

John Wilcock john at tradoc.fr
Wed Apr 19 15:53:37 IST 2006

Martin wrote:
> I've problem with message doubles when running MailScanner + Postfix and
> relaying for our internal exchangeserver. It happens sometimes, and
> sometimes not.

This was a problem with the dual postfix configuration that used to be
recommended for MailScanner. For some time now the preferred solution is
a single instance of postfix using the hold queue method described in
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:postfix:installation

Provided you're using a recent-ish version of MailScanner and you've
followed the instructions on the Wiki you shouldn't be seeing any
duplicates.

John.

--
-- Over 3000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com