Custom blacklist??

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Tue Apr 18 22:34:55 IST 2006

Rob Morin wrote:
> Hello all...
>
> I added the following line in local.cf, but it has no affect... I must
> be doing something retardily wrong?!
>
> blacklist_from  bloddy_ceaser at hotmail.com
>
> hoping the above would block email from the email address??
>
> SA 3.1

I assume you're using SA under MailScanner.. Did you reload MailScanner after
changing the config file? Local.cf only gets parsed when a SA instance is
created, not for every message, so if you don't reload it won't take effect
until MailScanner decides to kill and reload all the scanning children.

(You could also restart mailscanner, but that causes the init script to also
shut down and restart the sendmail instances, so it's overkill here)