greylisting?

Res res at ausics.net
Tue Apr 18 08:46:53 IST 2006

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote:

> Res wrote:
>>>
>>> How much of RFC1912?
>>

>> "Every Internet-reachable host should have a name."
>>
>> Since enforcing PTR checks, like I said  90% of the crap is now rejected
>> we've done it for years with no regrets and only about a dozen or so
>> complaints in all that time,
>>

> You're right. AOL is enforcing it. Why can't we? :D

AOL only started about a year ago, I've been doing it for over 5 or 6
years, the results speak for themselves.

If you run a network where the system admins are incompetant and do not do
their job properly by ensuring every host has a hostname, be it dsl, dialup,
a hosting server or a key server in a NOC, its just plain lazyness, and
they should be dismissed as such.

--
Cheers
Res