No sender notify on archive bomb

Cameron B. Prince cplists at princeservices.com
Mon Apr 17 17:27:51 IST 2006

Hey guys,

I recently sent someone a file called icon.tgz as an attachment to an email.
They called a few days later and asked why they hadn't received my message.
I reviewed the logs and found this:

MailScanner[29770]:
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/29770/k3HFoTuv001178/icon.tgz  could be an
archive bomb

I checked my Mailscanner.conf file and confirmed that sender notify is
enabled:

Notify Senders = yes
Notify Senders Of Viruses = yes
Notify Senders Of Blocked Filenames Or Filetypes = yes
Notify Senders Of Other Blocked Content = yes

Apparently fprot is giving a false positive on this file as I ended up
zipping the same contents and the email went through. It bothers me that I
didn't receive any indication of the failure to send the message though.

Am I missing something that is preventing the notifications from being sent?

Thanks,
Cameron