Attn. postfix users WAS Multiple Postfix smtp instances

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Fri Apr 14 20:21:15 IST 2006

Drew Marshall writes:

> On 14 Apr 2006, at 18:28, Mike Jakubik wrote:
>
>> Dhawal Doshy wrote:
>>> This mail was also posted by the OP to the postfix-users list and  is
>>> now being discussed by the postfix authors 'wietse' and  'viktor' for
>>> better integration (read: compliant to the postfix  internal
>>> architecture) between postfix and mailscanner..
>>>
>>> I request all mailscanner+postfix users to follow this thread on  the
>>> postfix-users lists and voice your technical opinions, if any.
>>
>> Its sad to see that one of the best MTAs and content scanners, does  not
>> get along so well.. Apparently Postfix 2.3 will make changes  that will
>> break MailScanner functionality :(
>
> Very sad indeed. Interestingly I am running the current release (Non
> stable) of 2.3 and it works fine with MailScanner so I await to see  what
> happens with the 'new queue format'.
>
> Drew

No it won't (Julian will find a better workaround) and it shouldn't, i would
request all postfix users to subscribe to the postfix-users list and
convince the developers to document postfix queue internals so that this
matter is resolved once and for all..

At the least ensure that someone of use who understands postfix really well,
(i don't) follows up with viktor and wietse on this..

 - dhawal

for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
please
notify the sender by e-mail requesting deletion of the original message.
Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its
contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. NetMagic
Solutions Pvt. Ltd. has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the
risk
of virus infection & spam, but is not liable for any damage, you may sustain
as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus
checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. NetMagic Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to
or from this e-mail address.

Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the NetMagic
Solutions Pvt. Ltd.'s e-mail system.