OT::::: Root access

Mark McCoy realmcking at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 14:39:19 IST 2006

These users, do they need to be able to run completely as root (i.e.
_all_ commands on the system), or do they just need to run a few
specified commands?

Either way, I would hesitate to give out full access to anyone unless
they are going to be the actual sysadmins.

Read up on sudo, and list the commands that they can run in the
sudoers file, that way you can add/remove access to commands for them
on the fly, and they get the extra "I'm about to do something with
elevated privileges" feeling by having to type "sudo" in front of
their commands.