Whitelisting Problem

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 13:33:12 IST 2006

On 09/04/06, Michele Neylon:: Blacknight.ie <michele at blacknight.ie> wrote:
> Hi
>
> If this has been discussed previously I couldn't find it :)
>
> In any case the problem / issue is as follows
>
> For very good reason we are allowing all mail to abuse@ and support@ to
> bypass our spam filters, however if the email is CCed or BCCed to other
> addresses it gets through to them, which we don't want
>
> Put another way...
> We want mail to abuse@ and support@ to get through BUT we don't want
> anyotheraddress@ to receive the junk
>
> MTA is sendmail
>
> Any thoughts / suggestions would be appreciated
>
> TIA
>
> Michele

I think you know the std answer to this one:-)... Since WLing is
probably a case of applying a ruleset, and you want this to take
effect/recipient, you need to split the message/recipient... And
_that_ has been covered several rimes in the not-too-distant past;-).
Might not be that palatable in a high-volume setup, but ... there it is.
--
-- Glenn