few questions on mailscanner

ankush grover grover1711 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 09:22:57 IST 2006

On 4/7/06, Alex Neuman van der Hans <alex at nkpanama.com> wrote:

> ankush grover wrote:
> > hey friends,
> >
> > I am using MailScanner version 4.4 on Fedora Core 3 with Postfix 2.15.
> > I am very much satisfied with the MailScanner now I want to make few
> > changes in MailScanner like
> >
> > a) Adding Disclaimer for outgoing messages.
> Look in the documentation for "sign clean messages" and edit the
> corresponding files. You should check to see if you can update your
> MailScanner version or Perl modules since I believe there's a problem in
> some cases when signing clean messages regarding PDF files becoming
> unreadable as a result.

I will see if the problem occurs with pdf i will make sign clean messages as
no.

> b) I want to forward all the messages marked as spam to a user and at
> > the same time don't want to send the copy to the recipient(The forward
> > does send a copy to the recipient).
> It doesn't. If you don't put the word "deliver", forward will forward,
> not copy. You probably have "deliver forward" instead of "forward".

thanks, it was deliver( as default) i change it to forward

> c) There are few ex employees of our company on whose ids we keep on
> > getting spam , I want to ban or reject the mails send to their mail ids.
>
> Tell Postfix to do it.

Okay that i will do it in postfix

> d) Is there any way I can reject the mails based on subject header for
> > example if a mail contains subject line as "sex" , I don't want to
> > deliver mails containing such messages.
> Use MCP or set spamassassin rules. Find out more at the spamassassin site.
> >
> > I know most of these questions are very simple to answer or they might
> > be mentioned in the documentation but as my mail server is on
> > production server I don't want to take any chances .
> You don't have to. Just set up MailScanner on another computer (you can
> use Microsoft's Virtual Server and create a virtual computer) and do
> your testing from there.
> >
> > I am using Spam Assassin with Clamav.

Sorry my point here was that I am using clamav for virus protection and spam
assassin is also there on my system.

Did you restart MailScanner?

Yes I restarted the MailScanner or other option reload.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover