MailScanner ANNOUNCE: Easy-to-install Clam+SA upgraded to Clam 0.88.1

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Fri Apr 7 17:24:32 IST 2006

Denis Beauchemin wrote:
> Matt Kettler a écrit :

>>> Julian,
>>>
>>> Works pretty well, except that it always add the following lines at the
>>> end of init.pre, even if they are already present:
>>> loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry
>>> loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SPF
>>> loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL
>>>
>>> I also end up with two almost identical files: init.pre and v310.pre
>>> . Is this normal?
>>>

>> Yes, but they should NOT have the same content. Both should be a
>> series of
>> loadplugins commands, but each file should have completely different
>> plugins listed.
>>
>> init.pre has loadplugin statements for plugins present in 3.0.x.
>> v310.pre has loadplugin statements for NEW plugins only present in 3.1.x.
>>
>> This way a SA upgrade won't wipe out your old plugin preferences, or
>> leave you
>> without important new plugins loaded.
>>
>> You should carefully review both files and see if there's any plugins
>> you wish
>> to change the load status of from the defaults.
>>
>> In particular, be aware that SA 3.1.x does not load Razor or DCC
>> support by default.
>>

> Matt,
>
> Which file should contain my plugin choice?  In other words, which file
> will not be overwritten by an SA upgrade?

Neither will be over-written by any SA upgrade.

Just edit each file and comment out the plugins you don't want, and uncomment
those you do want. Nothing more to be done.

The whole reason the second file was created was so they could add more plugins
without over-writing the old file.

If they ever make more plugins, they'll just add another .pre file with the
appropriate version number.