MailScanner 4.50.15 not picking up new rules from sa-update

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Apr 6 16:13:33 IST 2006

Adri Koppes wrote on Thu, 6 Apr 2006 10:02:32 +0200:

> I am running the MailScanner port on FreeBSD 5.4 with sendmail as my MTA
> and SpamAssassin 3.1.1.
> I recently ran the 'sa-update' program included in SpamAssassin to pick
> up newly added and changed rules.

On first time use I got:

 error: can't verify SHA1 signature
channel: SHA1 verification failed, channel failed

but now it works. But rules get actually placed in a subdirectory of the
specified path. They won't be used there, won't they? Also, shouldn't it
replace the original files in /usr/share/spamassassin instead of going to
/etc/mail/spamassassin/updates_spamassassin_org by default? It's also not
clear at all, if any of the rules changed, (unless I do a diff) it seems to
have downloaded the whole bunch.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany