A way to give local mail priority?

Pentland G. G.Pentland at soton.ac.uk
Thu Apr 6 15:59:34 IST 2006

The rules will work but if the majordomo server is a separate box from
the MailScanner machine then you can use a bit of thought in the flow of
mail to tidy things up.

1. Set the majordomo box to only receive mail from the Mailscanner.

2. Set up the majordomo box to deliever mail to filestore

Now mail generated by majordmo will have been scanned before the list
gets expanded and then delivered directly to disk without scanning it
again.

This obviously depends on if your site is big enough to require multiple
machines etc. but I thought it was worth posting as thinking about
routing and mail flow in a larger site generally helps with many issues.

Just my 2c

Gary