MailScanner 4.50.15 not picking up new rules from sa-update

Martin Hepworth martinh at solid-state-logic.com
Thu Apr 6 11:46:48 IST 2006

Adri

>From my MailScanner.conf...

# Advanced SpamAssassin Settings
# ------------------------------
#
# If you are using Postfix you may well need to use some of the settings
# below, as the home directory for the "postfix" user cannot be written
# to by the "postfix" user.
# You may also need to use these if you have installed SpamAssassin
# somewhere other than the default location.
#

# The per-user files (bayes, auto-whitelist, user_prefs) are looked
# for here and in ~/.spamassassin/. Note the files are mutable.
# If this is unset then no extra places are searched for.
# If using Postfix, you probably want to set this as shown in the example
# line at the end of this comment, and do
#      mkdir /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
#      chown postfix.postfix /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
# NOTE: SpamAssassin is always called from MailScanner as the same user,
#       and that is the "Run As" user specified above. So you can only
#       have 1 set of "per-user" files, it's just that you might possibly
#       need to modify this location.
#       You should not normally need to set this at all.
#SpamAssassin User State Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
SpamAssassin User State Dir = /var/spool/spamassassin

# This setting is useful if SpamAssassin is installed in an unusual place,
# e.g. /opt/MailScanner. The install prefix is used to find some fallback
# directories if neither of the following two settings work.
# If this is set then it adds to the list of places that are searched;
# otherwise it has no effect.
#SpamAssassin Install Prefix = /opt/MailScanner
SpamAssassin Install Prefix = /opt/MailScanner

# The site rules are searched for here.
[...]

# Normal location on most systems is /etc/mail/spamassassin.
SpamAssassin Site Rules Dir = /etc/mail/spamassassin

# The site-local rules are searched for here, and in
prefix/etc/spamassassin,
# prefix/etc/mail/spamassassin, /usr/local/etc/spamassassin,
/etc/spamassassin,
# /etc/mail/spamassassin, and maybe others.
# Be careful of setting this: it may mean the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file
# is missed out, you will need to insert a soft-link with "ln -s" to link
# the file into mailscanner.cf in the new directory.
# If this is set then it replaces the list of places that are searched;
# otherwise it has no effect.
#SpamAssassin Local Rules Dir = /opt/MailScanner/etc/mail/spamassassin
SpamAssassin Local Rules Dir =

# The default rules are searched for here, and in prefix/share/spamassassin,
# /usr/local/share/spamassassin, /usr/share/spamassassin, and maybe others.
# If this is set then it adds to the list of places that are searched;
# otherwise it has no effect.
#SpamAssassin Default Rules Dir = /opt/MailScanner/share/spamassassin
SpamAssassin Default Rules Dir =

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator