Mail Scanner Crashing when receiving special spam mails

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 10:36:26 IST 2006

On 05/04/06, Ben jsh <benjsh at ofir.dk> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am running SpamAssassin 3.1.1 Sendmail 8.13.6 MailScanner 4.52.2 and it
> crashes when I receive emails with no sender address to invalid users at my
> domain. And there is suddenly coming tons of those emails in crashing
> everything.
>
> Please help
> Logs:
> http://pastebin.com/642842
> http://pastebin.com/642730
>
> Ben
Do I read that right as an error in MailWatch? Database OK?

Anyway, why are you accepting (at MTA level) non-existant recipients?
Fix that and this particular problem will likely go away:).
IANASG, but I suppose there has been a lot of mention on this list on
how to do this with sendmail (access file or milter-ahead or ...
wasn't there a "more free" reimplementation of milter-ahead mentioned
just this week... RALM setting in here, someone with better memory
will know...:-).

--
-- Glenn