Location of perl in #! of Mailscanner scripts

Bob Jones bob.jones at usg.edu
Wed Apr 5 18:48:39 IST 2006

Hey all,

     So, a little issue here with the install.sh script of the
distribution for Solaris/BSD/Other Linux/Other Unix.  We have installed
a new distribution of perl in a nonstandard location (let's say
/opt/perl for this discussion).  So, when I go to install Mailscanner
with the install.sh script I give it the flag --perl=/opt/perl and
everything installs fine.

     Next I go to run Mailscanner and it goes kablooey.  I get to
looking around and I see why.  Even though I specified an alternate
location of perl in the install script, all the Mailscanner perl scripts
(e.g. /opt/Mailscanner/bin/MailScanner ) point to #!/usr/bin/perl.
Shouldn't the install script change these headings to the specified perl
or am I missing something?  I can't just put a link in /usr/bin as the
legacy perl is needed for other things.

Thanks!
--
Bob Jones