SPF Rules?

Johnny Stork jstork at pbco.ca
Tue Apr 4 21:34:51 IST 2006

I finally got around to upgrading our MailScanner setup running on RHES4, I first used the tarball for the clam/SA packages and then the MailScanner rpm upgrade tarball. All seems fine and I am now trying to go through and address various issues that I have not fully configured yet. For now I am trying to understand how the SPF rules work. I know very little about SPF or how it is implemented in mailscanner, but it seems that almost all messages trigger this rule below? Is this normal

Score    Rule                                               Description
2.08SPF_HELO_SOFTFAILSPF: HELO does not match SPF record (softfail)
Also, when I go to the Bayes Database Info section on MailWatch, I see that the count for SPAM has been at 198 and even if I go to "Message Operations" locate a definite SPAM message, click the SPAM box and the "Learn" the SPAM count does not increase? But this is probably a question for the MailWatch list

 Johnny Stork
 Information & Technology Manager Provincial Blood Coordinating Office 604-806-8840