MailScanner and SA auto-learning

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Tue Apr 4 19:34:46 IST 2006

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Matt Kettler wrote on Tue, 04 Apr 2006 13:46:01 -0400:
>
>> Bayes autolearning works fine in my system, and MailScanner even reports it in
>> the spamcheck headers:
>
> Hi Matt, it works fine on my main system as well. However, on this new system it
> doesn't.
>
> I ran the message thru SA -D now, it's clearly SA that doesn't want to learn it.
> The problem are the header-points, there are always too less, although I have
> plenty of body-points (mostly from SURBLs). Is that required header score
> configurable in SA 3.1.1 by chance?

No, it's hard-coded. This is entirely on-purpose, to prevent someone from
screwing themselves over by making the autolearner to aggressive.

The hard-coding is in AutoLearnThreshold.pm.
---------
  if ($isspam) {
    my $required_body_points = 3;
    my $required_head_points = 3;
---------

If you need to pick up header points, usually the conventional RBL tests do a
good job. However, since you're using SURBLs I'm assuming you're using those
too. You really should be seeing at least some autolearning.

Any chance ALL_TRUSTED is misfiring and dragging down the header score?