Bad Content Checks

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Apr 4 16:27:08 IST 2006

Julian Field wrote on Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:24:14 +0100:

> You can put a ruleset on anything. If it passes "Allow Filenames" then
> it skips the filename.rules.conf file.

Julian, it doesn't want to do that here. I have:

Allow Filenames = %etc-dir%/allow.filename.conf
Filename Rules = %etc-dir%/filename.rules.conf

with
\.txt$ \.pdf$ \.bmp$
in allow.filename.conf
The file is found and read by MS. I did a service MailScanner reload after
changing it about four hours ago. But still .bmp files are blocked because
of this rule
deny    \.bmp$          Windows bitmap file security vulnerability
         Possible buffer overflow in Windows

It looks like the Deny rule in Filename Rules still is read and takes
precedence over Allow Filenames.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany